PREMATURE EJACULATION AMONG MEN
Premature ejaculation in simple terms can be said to be the inability of a man to control his ejaculation during sexual intercourse. This means he ejaculates within a minute of penetration and therefore not satisfied with his performance and leaving his sexual companion unsatisfied as well. It is estimated that 1 out of 3 men suffer from premature ejaculation at some point in their life. It should be noted that if this does not happen to a man consistently then there is nothing to worry about but in a situation where ejaculating prematurely has become a regular phenomenon that is when there is a problem. You could be suffering from premature ejaculation if the following circumstances surround your sex life:
Always Ejaculating within one minute of penetration or even due to slight sexual stimulation
Inability to hold off or delay ejaculation at all times during sexual encounters
A strong feeling of worry, frustration and shying away from sexual encounters as a result of your situation
The factors responsible for premature ejaculation studies have shown to range from psychological and biological.
Psychological Causes of Premature Ejaculation
The following are considered the psychological causes of premature ejaculation
- Exposure to too early sexual experiences in life
- Having been exposed to Sexual abuse
- Poor body image
- Suffering from Depression
- Being overly conscious of ejaculating prematurely premature
- Rushing through sexual intercourse due to a feeling of guilt
- Erectile dysfunction, Anxiety and issues in relationships can also be a cause of premature ejaculation
Biological causes of Premature Ejaculation
A number of biological factors might contribute to premature ejaculation, including:
- Abnormality in hormone levels
- Abnormality in the levels of the brain chemicals known as neurotransmitters
- Inflammation and infection of the prostate or urethra
- Some inherited traits can also cause premature ejaculation
- Due to the male Ego and other factors lots of men find it difficult to discuss this problem with anyone and feel embarrassed about the situation and therefore are unable to get help. It should be known that premature ejaculation can be cured and treated with a combination of medications, counseling and the use of some sexual techniques that can help delay ejaculation during sexual encounters.
Medical treatments for Premature Ejaculation
A number of medical treatments can be of assistance in treating and curing premature ejaculation
- Anti-depressants- Some anti-depressants can be used to help delay ejaculation although the FDA are yet to approve the use of anti-depressants for the treatment of premature ejaculation. Secondly usage of these anti-depressants may come with some side effects such as dry mouth, nausea and drowsiness and and might also decrease sexual desire.
- Medications for the treatment of erectile dysfunction can also be of help in treating premature ejaculation
- Application of anesthetic creams to the head of the penis can also help to delay erection by making the area less sensitive. it is usually applied 30 minutes before sex and washed off once it has decreased the feelings on the penis. It must be washed off before sex as leaving it on may cause a loss of erection and vaginal numbness.
- Wearing a condom for some men can also help delay erection by making the penis less sensitive.
Other Treatment Methods
- Psychological Help: Emotional issues like depression and anxiety may cause premature ejaculation, Speaking to a therapist may help in solving this problem
- Behavioral methods: Behavioral methods like the start and stop method of delaying ejaculation can help build control over ejaculation. The squeeze method of squeeze the penis when the urge for ejaculation draws near is also another method to help delay ejaculation.